Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Cake

I decided to bake a from scratch cake for God's Gathering Dinner tonight. I went through some old recipes and found this quick and delicious one. I mixed it up in just a few minutes because I keep the dried buttermilk in my refrigerator so it's ready to go any time I am in the mood to bake. This is a lot like the Scotch Chocolate Cake from Grandma Schroeder. I'm thinking this is one I'll make again. The ladies in the kitchen set aside pieces to take home, so I took that as a compliment. Since there were no left overs, I can't mail you any of this cake, but you can make it yourself if you want.  Or...for a fee, I'll ship myself to you and bake it fresh from your oven!

PEANUT BUTTER SHEET CAKE
Mix:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. Soda
½ tsp. salt
Bring to boil:
1 stick margarine
½ cup peanut butter
1 cup water
Pour over dry ingredients. Add:
½ cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix well and pour into a greased cookie sheet with 1 inch sides. Bake 350 for 20- 25 minutes until done and lightly browned
Icing
Bring to boil:
½ cup peanut butter
1 stick margarine
2 tsp. vanilla
Add
1 pound powdered sugar and 1 cup nuts (optional). Beat until smooth. Spread on cake while it is hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment