Monday, March 19, 2012

Family Fun Time

We had so much fun gathering here at my house with John, Lynn, Debbie, Tim, Spencer, Paige, Sydney, and Karlee. We chatted, played croquet, catch, and explored the woods.  JoPapa Bear took them looking for Ewoks. They actually went to the fort our next door neighbor built in the woods. The kids were more on the look out for snakes than they were Ewoks.  We had hamburgers, potato salad, and baked beans with a few other side dishes.  The fresh carrots from John and Lynn were especially tasty! We ended the night by roasting LOTS of marshmallows and making s'mores.  That meant we didn't have room for the Tutti Fruiti cake I made.  But I sent it home with John and Lynn. If you want to make one and tell me how you like it, here's the recipe:
TUTTI FRUTTI CAKE1 box white cake mix
Eggs
Oil
Water
1 can fruit cocktail, drained
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped nuts
Prepare cake according to package directions
Blend in well-drained fruit cocktail. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle brown sugar and nuts over batter. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.

I had mine in the refrigerator because I didn't want the fruit to spoil.  Let me know if you will be in town and I'll be happy to bake one for you. I don't think this one will ship well.

No comments:

Post a Comment