Wednesday, March 28, 2012

CARROT CAKE

I enjoy baking and especially if there is someone else who would enjoy what I create. Today, before it gets too warm it's time to bake! And by the way, how crazy is it to think about it getting "too warm" in March!!! Anyway, this evening is God's Gathering at church and I like to bring something to the table.  This Carrot Cake looked delicious, so I chopped up some pecans I had in the freezer, peeled and shredded the rest of my stash of carrots and mixed it all up.  Does this count as healthy eating because it has carrots and nuts? The smell is making me drool! Can you smell it? If you'd like I can package some (without frosting) and ship it to you to enjoy - for a fee of course. Or take me to your kitchen and I'll make your house smell good too!
EASY CARROT CAKE
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. baking soda
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1 cup cooking oil
4 eggs
1 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting6 oz cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla
Approx. 4 cups powdered sugar.
Beat cream cheese and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well until of spreading consistency.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking pan. In large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add finely shredded carrots, cooking oil, and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer just until combined. Stir in chopped pecans. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting over cake. Cover and store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment