Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Things in my pantry

I don't just cook and bake things for my pantry - I create lots of other items.  Annie Potts started a Prayer Shawl Ministry at the Bolivar united Methodist Church and I've been knitting too! I've made so many dish cloths, hats, mittens, scarves, and wristers.  It is about time I broaden my horizons! I completed my first prayer shawl and it was dedicated at church this past Sunday. It was a lovely short prayer by our pastor JC Harp. If I had a better memory, I could quote it exactly. But he said something about hoping the shawl would bring a small bit of comfort and let the recipient know that prayers had been said for her. I gave it to Trish Ankrom to send to her sister. Her sister is fighting cancer, but not winning. She is in hospice care and it just breaks Trish's heart to know she is losing her 50 year old sister to this nasty disease! When will we ever find a cure?

No comments:

Post a Comment