Thursday, December 29, 2011

Banana Cake

I tried a new recipe for our community dinner at church last night. There were so many bananas left over from the food pantry the week before, that I took some home and froze the bananas. I peeled two bananas and dropped them in a small zip-lock bag so all I had to do was pull out the bag and let it thaw a bit to use in this recipe.  I also didn't have any orange juice, but had oranges so I used fresh squeezed juice in the recipe. It was tasty and the orange peel in the frosting was pretty. FYI, you can try it yourself or I can make this for you upon request! :-)  Also, I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 9x13 pan.
 2 med. ripe bananas mashed 1 cup flour 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (opt.) (I used pecans)2/3 cup sugar 1/4 cup cornstarch 1/3 cup veg. oil 1 egg, slightly beaten 1 Tbsp. orange juice 1 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. vanilla 1/4 tsp. salt Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into greased and floured 8 x 8 baking pan. Bake for 30 min. until toothpick comes out clean when poked into cake's center. Cool. Icing: 1/3 cup soft butter 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 1 Tbsp. orange juice 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel (opt.)
BANANA CAKE

No comments:

Post a Comment