Saturday, October 26, 2013

RICE PUDDING

Do you find it challenging to cook in smaller quantities?  It seems I often make too much when I’m cooking for two. That can be a good thing if you like left overs. Fortunately, My Shadow and I are easy to please. Sometimes, I cook enough intentionally so we can have two meals. That freezer comes in handy.  But it can be challenging to put those accidental left overs to creative use. 

When I made rice for our dinner, I made extra rice with the thought in mind to make rice pudding.  

Yummy!


Even though I hate to see summer weather depart, the cooler weather puts me in the mood for things like that.  It’s warm, creamy, cinnamon, raisin-filled goodness! Plus, I can choose to eat it for dessert or breakfast.  My mom taught me that!

Here’s the recipe I use to make just enough for two or three servings...for me, myself and I! 

Delicious Microwave Rice Pudding

Use a 4 cup microwave safe bowl.
Mix together:
1 beaten egg
1 cup milk
Heat for 2 minutes.

Using a wire whip, mix in:
1/8 cup corn starch
1/3 cup sugar
Dash of salt
1 tablespoon butter
Cook at 8 power level for 3-4 minutes

Stir in:
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 to 1 cup cooked rice
1/3 cup raisins
Cook 1 minute more at 8 power level. 

Let me know what you think of this tasty treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment