Wednesday, March 27, 2013

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

I discovered the most delicious and simple way to make muffins! Sunday morning, I often bake something special for breakfast.  This week, I decided to experiment with my blueberry yogurt. I think I get a bit more protein and calcium in the end product by using yogurt instead of milk.

So here’s what I did:  I mixed two cups of Bisquick, one egg, and two 6 ounce containers of yogurt together, stirred in about a cup of frozen blueberries (no, I didn't wait for them to thaw), and made the best tasting, lovely textured muffins!  I am already missing my blueberry bushes.  Maybe we'll plant new ones here so I can have blueberries on hand next year too?


BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

2 cups Bisquick baking mix
2 6 oz. Containers of blueberry yogurt
1 egg
1 cup blueberries

Mix all ingredients together.  Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.  Serve hot with butter! 





These have tasted very good frozen and reheated too.

Last week, I mixed blueberry yogurt and Bisquick together and made drop biscuits. They were really tasty too! By adding the egg, the texture changes into muffins!

Let me know if you try either of these experiments too.  I imagine any flavor or even non-flavored yogurt would be good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment