Thursday, January 2, 2014

Applying Less Is More To My Life

My friend Jennifer shared this New Year's Resolution with me and it got me to thinking...

JoPapa and I decided to downsize and purge our possessions. Getting rid of a lot of our things was a painful process.  There were a lot of sentimental attachments to things we had accumulated.  The smaller house is good, there's less to clean! So I learned if I have less stuff it equals more freedom.

Here in no particular order, are some other things I'm going to try to apply the "less = more" philosophy to in 2014:

Complain less  = more gratitude 
Waste time less = more accomplished 
Worry less = more peaceful attitude  
Wish less = more doing 
Reminisce  less = more memories made
Take less = more giving
Critique less = more praise
Desire less = more generosity
Worry less = more positive attitude
Faith-falter less =  more Bible study
Wish less = more doing
Take things for granted less = more appreciation 
Waste less = more conserving
Talk less = more listening 

This list is one place where MORE might be a good thing. I'm open to your suggestions for applying less = more! What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment