Monday, June 11, 2012

Knitting

I don't always have baked goods or canned produce in my pantry - sometimes I have some lovely knitted items! I usually have a couple of projects in my knitting baskets.  Knitted dishcloths are really great for washing dishes.  This pattern is nice and bumpy for scrubbing and since they are made of cotton yarn they rinse and dry quickly after each use.  There are lots of colors to choose from-below is an orange/green cloth and a cream with polkdot. These can be easily and inexpensively mailed to you if you want one or two or three...

JoPapa is getting a set of picnic green mulitcolored table place mats for Father's Day surprise. One of our favorite places to "eat out" is on our back deck and these place mats will come in handy the rest of this summer and fall! I could make a set for you too.  What color would you like to order?


Another project I am blessed to work on is The Wanda Allen Prayer Shawl Ministry through the Bolivar United Methodist Church. Several women of the church meet once a month to knit, pray and visit.  Each color signifies a different meaning. The yellow one I am making is to bring cheerfulness, energy, joy and confidence. When we get a quantity of donated Prayer Shawls we have them dedicated during our worship service.  Several recipients of these prayer shawls have expressed gratitude for the comfort these prayer-infused shawls bring to them.  If you know of someone who would appreciate a prayer shawl, let me know!

As always, I can be convinced to share my creations, baked goods, or canned produce with you - for a price. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment