Thursday, February 9, 2012

Surprise Muffins

I had fun making Surprise Muffins for Fellowship Time at church. I've never tried this variation before, but I've followed this Betty Crocker recipe for years but I usually add blueberries and 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg. This week, I followed the recipe and when I filled the muffin cups 1/2 full, dropped a teaspoon of home made jelly in the center, then added batter to fill the cups 2/3 full.  The secret I discovered, is to make sure the batter covers the jelly around all the edges.  I had a couple of muffins where the jelly oozed out because I didn't carefully cover the jelly with batter.  But they were tasty!!  As always, I would be more than happy to ship these to you - for a price! :-)
POPULAR MUFFINS
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup salad oil
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper baking cups. Beat egg; stir in milk and oil. Mix in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Fill muffin cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan. Makes 12 - 2 3/4 inch muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment